Dream Big, Live Large.

The beginning of 2010 was a crucial point in my family's life. My dad was preaching a New Year's Day service when he suffered a massive heart attack that nearly took his life. Thankfully, God was faithful to intervene and save him. A few weeks later, my dad had open heart surgery and began a long journey towards recovery. About a year later, my dad felt the Lord speaking a message to him to share with others. It was in his obedience to God's calling that my dad wrote his book, Living Largely

This book, Living Largely was birthed out of a season where life was hard. It seemed as if all hope was lost. This season brought a lot of hardship for my family, but it was a time where my dad experienced true life change. He began to appreciate and embrace life more abundantly. 

Fast forward and a couple years later, my dad passed away from a stroke. My father's passing was unexpected and paralyzing for everyone who knew and loved him. On the day my dad met Jesus, I made him a promise. I promised that I would always dream big and live large. For the past eight years, I have been trying to understand the meaning of this message my dad was passionate about sharing. I've questioned what it means and what it looks like to live large and dream big. Here's what I have learned recently: 

Dreaming big means not letting fear or the voices of others quiet your dreams. It means not only chasing your dreams but God's dreams for you. Dreaming big requires you to evaluate your dreams and how they align with the promises and plans of God. It might cause you to question if your dream is a God-sized dream and if it will glorify him above all else. 

Living largely means being open to saying yes and taking hold of opportunities. It means embracing life and sharing the true meaning of it with others. Living large means being a vessel in God's kingdom and allowing him to use you. It is simply living life to the fullest. 

As my time at Lee University comes to an end, I am reflecting on the moments that have brought me to where I am today. Acknowledging that every trial and victory has lead me to this one defining moment in my life. The next season is unknown but what I do know is that I am saying yes to living a large life and dreaming big. I am saying yes, "Here I am, Lord, send me" (Isaiah 6:8). 

In obedience to where I feel the Lord calling me, I have decided to attend a five month discipleship training school in Vancouver, Canada. I can't express how far out of my comfort zone this is, but I feel confident this is where God is sending me next. My heart is overwhelmed with excitement when I think about the opportunity to foster a deeper relationship with God while learning how to lead and disciple others. I will be a part of a group that is eager to share the gospel to a unreached nation. We are getting the incredible opportunity to be light bearers in this world! 

I am thankful that the book my dad wrote years ago is still being used to challenge and encourage me. I'm taking his advice and keeping my promise to live a large life and dream big dreams. I hope my story and reflection is encouraging to you! I'll leave you with this, grab a hold of God and grab a hold of life. Don't waste a single moment. As my dad would say, live large and dream big! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come As You Are

Waiting with Patience and Expectancy

You are His and He is Yours