You are His and He is Yours

Isaiah 43:1-3, " Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you are in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're in between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end -- Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior."

I want to break down these verses to really get down to the meaning, to really grasp the depth of what this scripture is saying. In the first verse it reads, "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine." We cannot forget who we belong to. When you are going through tough times and you are doubting everything in existence remember who you belong to. You are the child of the one true King. No matter what you have done in the past or what you are doing in the present, God has redeemed you. He has called you by name and you are His. Think about it for a second, think about how amazing it feels to be had by the maker of Heaven and earth. Nothing you could ever do or ever go through would separate you from being His. God says, "You are mine." You are mine despite your mistakes, your circumstances, your insecurities, You are mine.

In the second verse it says, "When you are in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're in between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end." God sees exactly where you are at. He sees every struggle you face, and every temptation you face. He knows what you can handle and what you can't handle. God is not caught by surprise when you ask for His help instead He runs to you. He doesn't want you to struggle alone. He wants to be there for you. When you're drowning in sorrow He will pull you out of your misery, and He will give you rest. In Matthew 11: 28-30 it says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." When your heart is in distress give it to God. He doesn't want us to withhold from Him. What can we learn from Christ's gentle and humble heart? When you're in a crisis don't panic instead find rest for your soul. It is easy to get overwhelmed in life. We take on too much and feel like we have to carry the weight of the world on our shoulders but that isn't the case. God has given us a way out by taking our load and carrying it for us.

Let this speak to you, whatever you are going through take upon His yoke, for it is easy and His burden is light. In verse three it says, "Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, Your Savior." Imagine you are in your prayer closet and your praying to God asking all of these questions: "God, why am I going through this trial? Why am I uncomfortable where I am? Why did you bless me like that? Why did you forgive me? God, why do you love me?" Then imagine you hear God say, "BECAUSE I AM YOUR GOD." Let that be the answer to your questions because HE is YOUR GOD you have peace of mind, you have an abundance grace, you have mercy overflowing, you have freedom to worship, you have healing and forgiveness. Because HE is YOUR GOD you have a place to rest. Because HE is YOUR GOD you will make it through.

So don't be afraid, child of God, when life gets too hard He will give you rest because He is your God.




Comments

  1. Thank you Madison ! I'm so glad that He has me in His hands and that I can rest in Him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come As You Are

Waiting with Patience and Expectancy